Some suggestions

Questions or suggestions about the platform
andrevcalvinho
Some suggestions

Post by andrevcalvinho » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:01 pm

Hello everybody!

I would like to leave some suggestions if I may.

Firstly I think it would be interesting to have information from this forum integrated with the main page. For example, a horizontal bar appears at the top (when the user is logged in) indicating information such as when there are new private messages to read, new posts, etc.
This is because we do not always remember to visit the forum and thus we would be notified for the existence of new information. This bar would appear only when the user is logged on.

Example of a bar:

OpenBugBounty Platform (5 new msgs) / Coordinated and Responsive Disclose (0 new msgs) / Submissions Discussion (2 new msgs) / Private messages ( 2 unread msgs)

Secondly I think it would be useful to have some kind of tooltips with a brief description of the achievements. Thus, either the security researcher or the website owner when consulting the profile of a security researcher would pass the mouse over the achievement and have a description of its meaning. Although some are self explanatory, some raise some doubts and may not be perceived by all.

The third and final suggestion would be to give more prominence to the login through twitter on the main page. The option is at the bottom of the page and often is not noticed. I think most of us usually have to open some report or profile to log in using the right side option.

Have a nice weekend.

x1admin
Site Admin

Re: Some suggestions

Post by x1admin » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:22 pm

andrevcalvinho wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:01 pm
Hello everybody!

I would like to leave some suggestions if I may.

Firstly I think it would be interesting to have information from this forum integrated with the main page. For example, a horizontal bar appears at the top (when the user is logged in) indicating information such as when there are new private messages to read, new posts, etc.
This is because we do not always remember to visit the forum and thus we would be notified for the existence of new information. This bar would appear only when the user is logged on.

Example of a bar:

OpenBugBounty Platform (5 new msgs) / Coordinated and Responsive Disclose (0 new msgs) / Submissions Discussion (2 new msgs) / Private messages ( 2 unread msgs)

Secondly I think it would be useful to have some kind of tooltips with a brief description of the achievements. Thus, either the security researcher or the website owner when consulting the profile of a security researcher would pass the mouse over the achievement and have a description of its meaning. Although some are self explanatory, some raise some doubts and may not be perceived by all.

The third and final suggestion would be to give more prominence to the login through twitter on the main page. The option is at the bottom of the page and often is not noticed. I think most of us usually have to open some report or profile to log in using the right side option.

Have a nice weekend.
Badge tooltips will be added little later
We will change main page design very soon and add link to login on top of page

RiceNinja248

Re: Some suggestions

Post by RiceNinja248 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:11 am

Definitely with you on the first 2 suggestions. I also frequently forget to check forums, especially as I've been busy lately. The notifications bar would be handy. :)