vpq_wtf wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:24 pm
It's causing me to develop RSI.
no we can't remove capcha
Is there a specific reason for this?

GordSchramm

Re: Can you please remove captcha?

Post by GordSchramm » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:38 am

Seems to me that it is selfish of you to ask for this......no one else has sided with your concerns....

Regards,

x1admin
Site Admin

Post by x1admin » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:55 am

vpq_wtf wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:32 pm
x1admin wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:49 am
vpq_wtf wrote:
Is there a specific reason for this?
yes we don't want bot postings

mcurietribute

Post by mcurietribute » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:25 am

GordSchramm wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:38 am
Seems to me that it is selfish of you to ask for this......no one else has sided with your concerns....

Regards,
I do.

RSI is a serious condition that can lead to the inability to even use your hands. It's quite selfish of yourself to not account for someone else's health. What you've said is quite rude, unprofessional, and insulting to those that have developed carpal tunnel through RSI.
x1admin wrote:
vpq_wtf wrote:
Would it be a possibility that those whom are reputable, such as vpq_wtf (dak), can have less reCAPTCHAs per submission or the ability to pay to bypass? Maybe even a system in place that revokes the researchers rights to bypass reCAPTCHA, for a specified amount of time, given the amount of false-positives they've submitted to the system?

Personally, I understand where he's coming from. Having to submit as many vulnerabilities as OP has, reCAPTCHA can be not only of annoyance, but after awhile it can be understandable that it does start hurting physically to complete captchas.

Not only does it have an effect on researchers, but it has an effect on OBB. As time goes on, researchers could possibly only report certain vulnerabilities, as completing the reCAPTCHA wouldn't be worth the effort; knowing the researcher has a minimal chance of receiving even a thanks.

GordSchramm

Post by GordSchramm » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:44 am

I would agree with this if there is absolute proof of RSI. This would set a precedent of allowing someone to be exempt of captcha because of RSI. You do this, a lot more will whine about having RSI to be exempt. The captcha is just a "check" in a box and should not contribute anything that much to someone that uses a keyboard all day. It is just a check in a box captcha......If I wrote code all day, but doing a captcha causes pain something is seriously wrong.......

Regards,

x1admin
Site Admin

Post by x1admin » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:04 am

mcurietribute wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:25 am
GordSchramm wrote:

Regards,
I do.

RSI is a serious condition that can lead to the inability to even use your hands. It's quite selfish of yourself to not account for someone else's health. What you've said is quite rude, unprofessional, and insulting to those that have developed carpal tunnel through RSI.
x1admin wrote:
vpq_wtf wrote:
Would it be a possibility that those whom are reputable, such as vpq_wtf (dak), can have less reCAPTCHAs per submission or the ability to pay to bypass? Maybe even a system in place that revokes the researchers rights to bypass reCAPTCHA, for a specified amount of time, given the amount of false-positives they've submitted to the system?

Personally, I understand where he's coming from. Having to submit as many vulnerabilities as OP has, reCAPTCHA can be not only of annoyance, but after awhile it can be understandable that it does start hurting physically to complete captchas.

Not only does it have an effect on researchers, but it has an effect on OBB. As time goes on, researchers could possibly only report certain vulnerabilities, as completing the reCAPTCHA wouldn't be worth the effort; knowing the researcher has a minimal chance of receiving even a thanks.
We plan to disable captcha for reputable researchers soon

secuninja

Post by secuninja » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:06 am

i like the google captcha... more than the old one.
i'm not sure if disabling, even for reputable researchers, makes really sense other than for mass posting things.

mcurietribute

Post by mcurietribute » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:35 pm

x1admin wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:04 am
mcurietribute wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:25 am
GordSchramm wrote:

Regards,
I do.

x1admin wrote:

We plan to disable captcha for reputable researchers soon
Thank you.