Multiple reports for the same site

Questions or suggestions about the platform
andrevcalvinho
Multiple reports for the same site

Post by andrevcalvinho » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:29 pm

There is a guy (LewisWildgoose) who is posting several reports from the same website like this:

sony.com.dnstree.com
ebay.com.dnstree.com
amazon.com.dnstree.com
youtube.com.dnstree.com

and so on...

I think this is a childish behaviour because he only wants to increase the number of patched websites if the website owner fixes the issue (since he is going to get several patches for the same vulnerability) and because it will upset the website owner once he is going to receive tons of website reports.

vpq_wtf

Re: Multiple reports for the same site

Post by vpq_wtf » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:24 am

andrevcalvinho wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:29 pm
There is a guy (LewisWildgoose) who is posting several reports from the same website like this:

sony.com.dnstree.com
ebay.com.dnstree.com
amazon.com.dnstree.com
youtube.com.dnstree.com

and so on...

I think this is a childish behaviour because he only wants to increase the number of patched websites if the website owner fixes the issue (since he is going to get several patches for the same vulnerability) and because it will upset the website owner once he is going to receive tons of website reports.
It's not going to upset the website owner.
If anything, it's going to cause him to take more notice which is a positive thing.

x1admin
Site Admin

Re: Multiple reports for the same site

Post by x1admin » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:30 am

andrevcalvinho wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:29 pm

sony.com.dnstree.com
ebay.com.dnstree.com
amazon.com.dnstree.com
youtube.com.dnstree.com

and so on...

thanks for info
we will take action