Collapsible Tabs

Questions or suggestions about the platform
insecurity
Collapsible Tabs

Post by insecurity » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:54 pm

Just a thought, but I think you should add a feature where the 'about me', 'certifications', 'researcher stats', 'awards and achievements', etc are collapsible so that people click on them in order for them to open up (or for them to close) - that way, people can actually view your submissions without having to do a whole lot of scrolling each time they look through one of your pages.

For example, if I want a listing of my featured submissions, people have to scroll through all the way to the bottom of the page everytime they view the next page. If you added a div around these and made them collapsible, then this wouldn't be an issue. Right now, people have to scroll more than 80% of the way down the page, for EVERY page they view, when looking at your submissions. This is inconvenient for people who just want to take a look at your disclosed reports and see which vectors you used or what sites you made reports to.

Personally, I'm declining all recommendations that I receive. I simply don't want them on my page because it adds more clutter and makes it harder for people to view your actual submissions. Making these collapsible tabs (so they open up when clicked) would solve this issue and should take no longer than ~10mins to implement. In my opinion, it's making it a lot more time-consuming and is turning people away from the idea of wanting to actually view your submissions.

The amount of scrolling required just to view someone's submissions seems a little overkill when those sections could just be turned into collapsible tabs so a user has an option to open/close them. As one of the top researchers on this site, I've practically stopped making submissions altogether, partially due to the fact that when I want to demonstrate which sites I've identified vulnerabilities in, people are going to have to do so much scrolling that they won't even bother to look at them properly.

This would not only give the site a cleaner look, but it would also improve functionality in the sense that users don't have to do so much scrolling when all they want to do is look through your submission list.

I think many of our other top researchers also have the same concerns, considering if you look at the list of top researchers, there's plenty ranked within the top 10 who have 0 recommendations. I'm guessing if the recommendations tab was collapsible, you would see them accepting recommendations.

ret2libc

Re: Collapsible Tabs

Post by ret2libc » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:08 pm

For an example of this, see where you have the "Follow technical submission guidelines" on the page for reporting bugs - when you click it, it pops open a box with the relevant info. I think you should implement something similar to all of the other info on the reporter stats page (badges, recommendations, "about me", etc") - it would result in a lot less clutter and would prevent people from being discouraged to read through your reports due to the requirement of constant scrolling for each page they view.

x1admin
Site Admin

Re: Collapsible Tabs

Post by x1admin » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:40 am

Thanks for idea i think we make this soon